Effectively staging houses for rent can help maximize appeal and justify a higher price. It is even more important for vacant rental properties because they are often difficult to sell. Here some tips and tricks on staging your home for rental showings.
1. Start With A Budget In Mind: If your rental apartment is vacant, you will need to invest some money to stage the property for showing. Start with determining your staging budget. Remember, the money you invest into staging can be easily recovered when your property is rented. Spend money based on the monthly rent you expect from the property. You can spend about 20 percent of the monthly rent on cleaning, renting furniture and other things.
2. Know Your Audience: If you generally rent to a particular type of tenant because of your property’s location, such as families or students, ensure that you stage the rental in the best possible way for your target audience.
3. Do Basic Repairs: Ensure that potential tenants have nothing to complain about. Leaky faucets and broken door knobs can turn off the prospective tenants instantly. So, undertake the basic repairs before the showing.
4. Keep Everything Clean And Fresh: Make sure there are no signs of the previous tenants in the house. When someone is looking for houses for rent, the last thing they want to see is holes in the wall, chipped paint and scuff marks on the floor. Go for professional deep cleaning before the showing.
5. Create A Home: The idea behind staging is to help prospective tenants visualize themselves living in the apartment rental. Try to make the home look inviting. Simple things such as a few pictures on the wall, nice shower curtains and a few pieces of furniture can help create the right impression.
6. Make The Unit Appear Bigger: When the houses are empty, they appear smaller. Place some furniture strategically so that the place looks livelier and bigger. A set of table and chairs in the dining room and an inflatable bed with some nice bed linen in the bedroom can put the size into perspective.
7. Depersonalize The Space: You may like bright colors and specific décor but it may not appeal to everyone. So, decorate your apartment rental with neutral hues and pops of color. Even when you are staging your unit with some furnishing make sure you choose only neutral palette that will appeal to a large number of potential tenants.
8. Keep It Clutter Free: This is probably the most important of all. Too much furniture or accessories can make the home look much smaller than it actually is. So, just use basic furniture and keep the décor simple. Using too much of it will make the place look cluttered.
9. Add A Touch Of Luxury: Simple details like white bedding and fresh towels in the bathroom can create a sense of luxury. It makes property more attractive and gives prospective tenants a higher perceived value of the rental property.
10. Enhance Curb Appeal: Your home’s exterior should look as good as the interior. Repair any exterior problems, clean the exterior walls, clean the grounds and plant some annuals.
If you are wondering about the best ways to fill rental vacancies in Calgary quickly, LeaseWell can show you the way. We have the expertise and experience it takes to effectively manage houses for rent and get us clients the highest possible ROI.
Whether you are planning to buy a new home or turn your existing home into a rental property, get in touch with our experts. We will help you through the process and make sure that you enjoy the best return on your investment.
LEASEWELL Property Services helps you manage your rental and investment property completely hassle free so you can focus on things that matter most for you. We do this while making sure that you have choice of high quality, Pre-screened tenants to choose from to maximize return on your property investment
For more please visit our website www.leasewell.ca or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org